Tuesday, July 22, 2008

They Are Off

Today I sent my two entries to the Hoffman Challenge. I am so pleased with the way they both turned out that it made me smile from the inside out. So here is the quilt that I named "Peacocks In My Backyard"
This is the Peacock
the photos really don't show the detail and the stitching.
Then I entered these two I have named them Abhijaya {the Fairy} and Raila {the dragon} they are the keepers of the Peacocks. The whole piece measures about 14" long and about 10" tall. Both are embellished with beads, funny yarn,glitter paint and feathers. I love making dolls and these dragons. This whole piece is all done in Hoffman Challenge fabric but one little suitcase on the back of Abhijaya.

Abhijaya means Victorious which I think is very fitting because I feel that these two could do just that. Raila means to be one with the Fairy's.
If you would like to see more of my Fairy's and Dragons or if you would like to own your own Dragon, Fairy, or a Fairy riding on a Dragon I can and will take special orders if you have a pay pal account. The dragon alone is $300.00, the Fairy alone is $200.00 put them together and it's $550.00. You pay shipping and handling. Please email me for more details.

No comments: