Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Day With Spencer


Saturday was a day with Spencer and Tonks. We all got up early as we do everyday when you have a 5 almost 6 year old at home. We did our normal morning things like have coffee and something to eat. We had a wedding to go to that was going to be quite a drive no matter what. We had to be there at 2 I decided to take a ferry boat to save on gas and driving time.
The car is now packed and ready to go dog,water,car toys,extra cloths, warm coats,dog treats and her water,sun block for Mr Spencer white skin, SNACKS this one is very important for us snackers Spencer and I are great snackers. We are now on our way through town to get the ferry Spencer from the back seat says well if these Darn people would stop picking their noses and stop talking on their cell phones we could move faster I said yes you're right and laughed. We are now at the ferry ticket booth the nice lady says how are we doing today? I Said fine Spencer rolls his window down and says to the lady do these ferry boats have life jackets? I don't like the water very well and I can't swim very good cause I only had 3 swim lessons. The lady says "yes we have life jackets". Spencer then says "well I hope some are for kids my size cause last week at Uncle Paul's I wore a big persons life jacket and it didn't fit so good". I think the lady was thinking what is this kid going to come up with next. Spencer then said you know I'm going to be a train driver when I get big like my brother Garrett trains don't go on the water so I won't need a life jacket she laughed and Spencer said good bye to her. We went and parked in the line and then waited for the ferry too come.
At the wedding Spencer got tried of waiting because it was a half hour late so he was throwing rocks in to the like and making silly sounds the first part of the wedding. Other then that the wedding went really well.
On the way home we got lost and the cell phone wouldn't work Spencer had something to say around every corner about being lost and the bogyman coming for us and how he and Tonks were going to save Momma Shawn part of me laughed and the other part really wanted him to be quiet so I could get unlost. All and All it was a great day just the three of us. Momma Shawn, Spencer with the loose tooth, and Tonks our fearless broom rider. Life really is good I am so very blessed.


2 comments:

julie said...

Life really is good. You truly are blessed to have such a special little man in your life. What a great day you both had. And the broom riding Tonks. Julie

Rhonda said...

Looks and sounds like you and Spencer had a great time. The story should be made into a child's book....titled..."A Car Ride with Spencer".....take care and have a great weekend.