Monday, July 7, 2008

A Sad Day

My Sisters and Brothers
I do my most productive sewing, house work when I am sad, or mad I stay focused and on task. Sounds weird but I get allot done when I am either sad or mad. It can't be the time that I am creative there has to be a plan. This last Sunday I found out that my older sister Punkie has cancer again this time it's the really bad news it seems to be in her bones as of now we know that it is in her hips and her spine. We are having a large family retreat this weekend and I had to have her quilt ready for the weekend. Last year about this time I had decided to make all my siblings each a quilt. I have gotten 2 of the 5 done. So Sunday was the day. I cut it out on Saturday night. the top was sewn together by 10 am Sunday Morning. I'm calling it "Butterfly's Are Free"

So I was still sad and needed something new to work on that I could finish with a plan. My nephew Scott who will be going back to Iraq sometime soon for the third time just got married last weekend so I made them a quilt this is a queen sized log cabin out of the book "Make a Quilt In A Day" by Eleanor Burns. I thought as I looked at the book you would have to sew like a crazy woman to do them in a day. I cut and finished the top in less then 8 hours of sewing. I love it and it made me want to make more.

No comments: