Sunday, August 31, 2008

A day of Quilting



What a great day I have finished a quilt that I started a few weeks ago. The top only took me a day to do but I didn't have enough batting and my leg was hurting. I used my coupon to JoAnns for the batting and Bam! it's done with pillow slips to match. This was a fun and very easy quilt to make loved it and the colors.

I have one more quilt top to quilt and finish this weekend. This means that I only have 4 unfinished quilts to go. WOW ya for me this is the least amount of unfinished tops that I have had in years. My plan is working and I love it.
Plan is 1. don't start any new big quilts until the tops that have already been done are finished. 2. Use as much as my own stash for these projects and any new projects that is started.3. Make and give away to someone in need one quilt a month. I love the thought of doing some sewing room clean up. The giving away makes my heart feel really warm and fuzzy. LOVE is a Great thing. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the log cabin quilt. Real funky retro look to it. Yea! you for being so strong with your UFOs and your gifting.

Anonymous said...

Wow! A quilt top in a day-wish I could work that fast!
I just started a quilting community site called "My Quilt Patch". Please visit us sometime.

Best wishes

Sarah Jane